Documentation to "My Case"

Friday, June 24, 2005

 
November 28, 2003


Professor Donald J. Weidner
Department of Geosciences
SUNY at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, NY 11794


Dear Don,

In the enclosed letter to Bob Liebermann from November 10, I asked him to negotiate on my behalf. His reply a week later was ambiguous enough to let me believe that he would do so. However, the follow-up discussion with him on November 24 convinced me that this is not going to happen. In fact, his rather over-dramatized display of deep hurt, when his only answer to my questions was “I have nothing else to say,” was a typical reaction of a bully being caught. This only confirmed what I suspected for a long time, that he is the mastermind behind everything that has happened to me. The last thing a bully would do is admitting to being a bully, no matter what are the consequences. Because you would be just as severely affected by his decision not to act, it is only fair that you have this opportunity to correct the consequences of these past actions.

The main consequences are that, for the last two years, I have not been able to provide for my family in my current position of the Research Associate Professor at this Department, nor find a similar suitable employment outside of this Department, despite having an excellent record of accomplishments and contributions to the advancement of science and to the reputation of this Department and the University. I will not repeat what was already summarized in detail in the enclosed documentation, and you know best your own role in all this. You chose to associate yourself with people of low character and, therefore, through this association, you share the responsibility for their actions. On the positive side, I noticed that you have always been a rather reluctant participant. Regardless of what happened in the past, it serves no one to escalate this any further. Therefore, I would like to ask you to do what I asked Bob: to negotiate a promotion for me to the full Professor, jointly funded by the University and the NSF, and based on my past performance, this year’s publication of my book, and the enclosed documentation. I have been an Associate Professor for 14 years, which is probably a record for this Department. This would also be an opportunity for the University and the Department to get me involved in education, and thus take full advantage of my experience and insight that cannot be learned from books, but can only be acquired through direct involvement in research.

Thank you for your attention on this matter and, please, reply this time.


Sincerely yours,



Tibor Gasparik
Research Associate Professor

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   February 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   June 2008   October 2008   December 2008   February 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?