Documentation to "My Case"

Friday, June 24, 2005

 
January 8, 2004


Professor Scott M. McLennan, Chair
Department of Geosciences
SUNY at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, NY 11794


Dear Scott,

It has been close to two years since I lost my paid position as lab manager. After suffering many years from bullying and persecution, I was so disgusted by my experience at Stony Brook that I had every intention to leave. I did not expect to have any serious difficulties finding suitable employment because of my accomplishments and the promise to publish a book. However, after applying for about 50 job openings and not receiving even an interview, I realized that my efforts to find a job were sabotaged, and that the ultimate goal of my enemies was not just to drive me out from Stony Brook but to stop me from participating in research altogether. They have, apparently, been so successful in trashing my reputation behind my back that I do not see now any possibility of leaving Stony Brook. My attempt to obtain funding from the NSF was also sabotaged, and the appeals to the NSF bureaucracy and the complaints to the SUNY bureaucracy were stonewalled. Lindsley refused to help. Then I presented the resulting documentation, enclosed herewith, to the two individuals primarily responsible for everything, Liebermann and Weidner, and gave them the chance to help me and thus, at least symbolically, undo the damage that they had caused. They decided to pass up on this opportunity. It is clear to me now that they are determined to destroy me at any cost, regardless of the damage this could cause to the reputation of their colleagues, the Department and the University.

If help is not forthcoming from this Department, then I will be forced to ask the scientific community for assistance. This could not only cause permanent damage to the reputation of the Department and the University but also make it more difficult for the faculty members to obtain funding in the future. Although you and most faculty members have not been directly involved in this witch-hunt, it is obvious that everyone knew and yet chose to remain silent. This is the time to speak up and help.

In your reply, please make sure to answer, as the Chair, for the whole Department. Thank you for your attention on this matter.


Sincerely yours,



Tibor Gasparik
Research Associate Professor

Cc.: Robert C. Liebermann
Donald J. Weidner

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   February 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   June 2008   October 2008   December 2008   February 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?