-
February 19 - March, 2003
Thanks for the news about your book. That's great! Do you happen to have some copies with you that I could purchase "directly from the author"? I am in NYC until March 2nd and will come to Stony Brook for a short visit next week. Maybe I'll see you then.
Best wishes,
Fred (Frederic Bejina)
Hi Tibor, I'll be sure to look at it in Nice in April.
Regards,
Mike (Michael Brown)
Dear Tibor,
Congratulations on writing and publishing this book. Thanks for letting me know about it. I'll definitely have a close look and make sure my library orders a copy as well. This sounds like a major achievement!
Best wishes,
Jay (Jay Bass)
Tibor,
The book sounds great. I probably will order one at the next meeting I attend, and in the meantime, I will make sure that the library places an order.
Thanks,
Eric (Eric Essene)
Tibor,
I am on travel, but will look at your book with interest.
Cheers,
Mike (Michael Drake)
Dear Tibor:
Having worked with (or for) Springer-Verlag for >20 years, I would guess that you could induce some sticker-shock! I look forward to getting a copy.
Best regards,
Ian (Ian Carmichael)
Dear Tibor,
Congratulations on this important accomplishment. Thanks for making me aware of it.
Best wishes,
Robin (Robin Reichlin)
Dear Tibor:
Thank you very much for letting me know about your wonderful book. Yes, I will certainly recommend the book to my students.
With my best regards,
Larissa (Larissa Dobrzhinetskaya)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for the notice about your new book, which sounds very interesting and useful. How much will it cost?
Gordon (Gordon Brown)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for drawing my attention to the book. I will order it for myself and the library.
With best wishes
Gerhard (Gerhard Brey)
Dear Dr. Gasparik,
Thank you for your message. Your book seems to be interesting for us.
Masaki Akaogi
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for this information about your book. I will look out for it and I expect that our library will be getting a copy.
With best wishes,
Michael (Michael Carpenter)
Dear Tibor,
Many thanks for the information about your book. I will recommend it.
Sincerely yours,
Dan (Daniel Ohnenstetter)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for the email message about Phase Diagrams. It really is ideal for our research.
Thanks again,
David (David Kohlstedt)
Thanks Tibor, I'll take a look.
JJ (John Jones)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks a lot for your note! The book looks great! I will order it right now ...
Cheers,
Jan (Jan Matas)
Dear Tibor;
Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing your Book. I will advertise your Book to my previous and present students.
Best regards,
Shige (Shigenori Maruyama)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for alerting me to your book on phase diagrams. It will obviously be very useful for any and all practitioners of this art.
Bjorn (Bjorn Mysen)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for your message. We will order the book immediately. It looks like we have to have it.
All the best,
Klaus (Klaus Mezger)
Dear Tibor,This book will be a valuable reference for me and many others.
Thanks!
Anne (Anne Hofmeister)
Thanks, Tibor. I'll look for it!
Steve Kirby
Hi Tibor:
I am very happy to hear about the publication of your book. I will certainly make sure to get a copy for myself and ask the library to get one. I will also ask my graduate students to get their own copies. Thanks for letting me know.
Gautam (Gautam Sen)
Congratulations!
(Surendra Saxena)
Dear Tibor,
Thank you for the information about your book. I transfer your message to the librarian, which will order your monument. Congratulation! We have now a rather nice equipment in Clermont! You have to come and visit us.
Thanks again and sincerely yours,
Jacques Kornprobst
Dear Tibor,Thanks very much for bringing your book to my attention. I know it will be an invaluable compendium of information. It must have been a colossal task to pull it together!
Best wishes,
Bruce (Bruce Watson)
Dear Tibor,
It looks great, and I have ordered.
Thanks and good luck,
David (David Price)
Tibor;
Many Thanks.
Bruce (Bruce Marsh)
Thanks for informing me about your new book. I shall ask the librarian to obtain a copy.
Thanks,
Jerry (Gary Gibbs)
Tibor:
This looks like quite an accomplishment. I'm sure our library will order it.
Cheers from Stanford.
Jonathan (Jonathan Stebbins)
Dear Tibor,Thank you for the information about your book. I am very interested in this book, and also other scientists in Japan. I will transfer the information to the other people in Japan. Thank you for your information, and please keep in touch.
With best wishes,
Eiji (Eiji Ohtani)
Dear Tibor, It is very nice to hear from you. Thank you for introducing me your new book. It sounds very useful.
Regards,
Kei (Kei Hirose)
Dear Prof. Gasparik,
Thank you very much for your information about the fresh book. I have interest in it very much. I will move to Yale Univ. (Prof. Karato group) as Post Doc from next April, and hope to discuss with you and your group in the near future.
Sincerely yours,
Katayama (Ikuo Katayama)
Dear Dr. Gasparik,
Thank you very much for letting me know about your book. The book seems to be very interesting and informative.
With best regards,
Shoichi Yoshioka
Dear Dr. Gasparik:
Thank you very much for the information about your book. I will certainly purchase your book when I will attend EGS-AGU-EUG Meeting 6-11 April, Nice, France.
With best regards to you and your family.
Sincerely yours,
Yasuhiro Kudoh
Dear Tibor,
Concerning your book, I tried many years ago to figure out how you did the phase diagram calculations, but did not succeed, apparently the methods were mentioned in a thesis. I am aware of the thermodynamics, but such diagrams can be calculated using different methods - and approximations. Are the calculations methods explained in detail in the book?
Cheers and congratulations to the book.
Sven (Sven Maaløe)
Dear Tibor, Many thanks for your information concerning your book "Phase Diagrams for Geoscientists: An Atlas of the Earth's Interior." First of all I would like to congratulate you to such an important publication and, secondly, I'll immediately pass on this information (placed on your website) to our Faculty Library.
Regards and best wishes,
Leonid (Leonid Perchuk)
Thanks for the tip.
Jean (Jean Bedard)
Dear Tibor:
This is a very exciting development; I did not realize that you were working on such a book. Can I get the publisher to let me look at a copy before deciding to buy it? Will your book be on display at the meeting in Nice in April?
Thanks,
Harry (Harry Green)
Tibor,
Congratulations on your book. It is quite an accomplishment. I will forward the information to our librarian.
Steve (Steve Shirey)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for the info and congratulations for publishing this valuable book! I’ll order one for our library here.
Best regards,
Yanbin (Yanbin Wang)
Dear Tibor: Thank you very much for the information about your book. I will definitely order it from Springer, and I recommended to order it for the University of British Columbia.
The best wishes,
Felix Kaminsky
Dear Prof. Gasparik,
Thank you very much for your notice, and I will purchase this book recently.
Best wishes. Best regards.
Yours sincerely,
Dr. Chun-Ming Wu
Dear Professor Tibor Gasparik,
Thank you very much for your mail about your book. As the Lib. Committee member, I would certainly recommend the purchase of your book to NGRI Library. I will also recommend my other high-pressure friends from India to procure this book.
Warm regards.
Sincerely yours,
G.P. (G. Parthasarathy)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for informing me about the publication of your book: "Phase Diagrams for Geoscientists: An Atlas of the Earth's Interior." I’m sure that it will be very useful to us and students. I'll ask immediately the librarian to buy it.
Good luck and my best regards.
Roberto (Roberto Compagnoni)
Dear Tibor-san,
Thanks for information about your book, and I like to congratulate you on its publication. I am going to change my position to Kyushu University in coming April.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Takumi Kato
Dear Prof. T. Gasparik,
Thank you very much for the information about your book "Phase Diagrams for Geoscientists: An Atlas of the Earth's Interior."
Alexander Gusev
Tibor,
Thanks. I'll have a look at it.
Dean (Dean Presnall)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for your message. I am thinking to buy your book for my research and teaching; however, it is very expensive for an eastern European in the format how it is advertised by Springer-Verlag. Don't you have a cheaper version, for instance, with no hard cover or color figures?
With best regards,
Csaba Szabo
Dear Dr. T. Gasparik,
Thank you for your e-mail of 20 February 2003. I am very interested in your published book. I will recommend your book to purchase by our library.
With best wishes,
Shigeaki Ono
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for the message. I will ask our library to buy a copy.
Regards,
Joerg (Joerg Hermann)
Dear Tibor,Thank you very much for your message informing about the book. I am certainly interested in it and will order it for our library.
Best wishes,
Eero (Eero Hanski)
Dear Tibor,
Thank you for the information about the book. We (me, Leonid and Yuriy) just sent to CMP a paper concerning the Diopside-Leucite System at 7 GPa. We recommended you as a possible reviewer.
Sincerely yours,
Oleg (Oleg Safonov)
Congratulations and thank you very much for letting me know.
Georgia Pe-Piper
Dear Tibor,
Many thanks for the info regarding your book. It sounds extremely useful and I am sure will provide an essential resource to our students. As it happens, I am the review editor for new books with Elsevier’s Geophysical Researches. I would be very interested in soliciting reviews for your book that we can publish in the journal. Can you suggest to me a couple of reviewers and arrange your publishers to release a couple of copies to the reviewers for that purpose?
Yours,
Bram Murton
Many thanks, Tibor! Your book sounds interesting and I will check your Web site to get more info.
Best regards,
Rob (Rob van der Hilst)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for the information about your book. I will have our library order a copy & look forward to seeing it.
Hope you are well,
Claude (Claude Herzberg)
Dear Tibor,
Thank you for the information on your recent book. A few months ago we received some experimental samples on CaSiO3 from you. We successfully used them to calibrate Raman data and to identify CaSi-rich inclusions in situ in diamonds. We are starting to write a manuscript with you as a co-author. You will get the first draft very soon.
Best wishes,
Frank (Frank Brenker)
Dear Tibor,
Thank you very much for your message. I will ask our library to order your book.
Best wishes,
Hanni (Hans Joseph Reichmann)
Dear Tibor,
Many thanks for your information. I will indeed go and buy the book immediately. It seems to me an extremely important piece of scientific literature.
Best wishes,
Martin (Martin Kunz)
Tibor,
Thanks for the message, and congratulations on the book publication -- it looks very nice and I will be very happy to add it to my library.
Tom (Tom Duffy)
Dear Tibor,
Thank you very much for bringing your book to my attention. I had a look at your website and on the information about the book and I find all this really fascinating. I look forward to the publication of your book.
With my best regards,
Artem (Artem Oganov)
Tibor, Thank you for bringing your book to my attention. It sounds like a valuable reference to have on my shelf.
Bill (Bill Bassett)
Dear Tibor,
Thanks for the reminder. I will order it for our library. Hope to see you somewhere.
Petr Jakes
Dear Prof. Gasparik,
Thank you very much for the information about your new book. Your "Atlas of the Earth's Interior," the result of so many years of hard experimental and theoretical work, is undoubtedly of great interest and usefulness for the community of geoscientists.
Sincerely yours,
Liudmila (Liudmila Chudinovskikh)
Dear Tibor, I think your book could be very interesting for my studies and my students. For this reason I decided to order a copy this morning. Compliments on your fine work and boycott Nature (Nature rejected two papers of mine too!).
Best wishes,
Michele (Michele Lustrino)
Dear Tibor:
Congratulations on your book. It sounds terrific. I'll certainly be sure that our librarian knows about it, and will deliver suggestion that it is an essential source for our students and faculty.
Best regards,
Pete (Peter Wyllie)