-
February 1, 2006
United States District Court
Chambers of the Hon. Sandra Feuerstein
100 Federal Plaza, Room 1014
Central Islip, NY 11722-4438
Re: Tibor Gasparik vs. Stony Brook University
CV 05-3817 (SJF/ARL)
Your Honor, Judge Feuerstein:
I am plaintiff pro se, TIBOR GASPARIK, in the above captioned case against the defendant, Stony Brook University, and this letter concerns the denial by the defendant, represented by their attorney, ELIOT SPITZER, Attorney General of the State of New York, and by Lori L. Pack, Assistant Attorney General, to carry out a survey of the political affiliation or orientation of tenured faculty members employed by the Stony Brook University (relevant letters enclosed). Such survey could be carried out at minimal expense in time, effort and cost to the defendant, who routinely carries out surveys (example enclosed).
I am aware now that, as the plaintiff in this case, I do not have the right to demand that the defendant carries out this kind of surveys, yet the requested survey represents a discoverable evidence that is essential to my case, and could not be challenged by the defendant as biased only if it is carried out by the defendant. Apparently, the only way I can obtain this evidence is by a court order. Therefore, I am respectfully asking you to issue such order.
Enclosed is an
article by professor Art Eckstein, which, I believe, gives an excellent summary of the issues most relevant to my case, but addresses also specifically the role of surveys in disclosing the alleged institutional discrimination against conservative professors in hiring and promotion at the universities and colleges in the United States. All relevant surveys, so far, have been carried out by conservative groups and could, therefore, be viewed by liberals as biased. My case provides, for the first time, an opportunity to enforce an internal survey that could not be challenged by the liberals as being biased. I hope you and the nation take advantage of this opportunity, and thank you in advance for a favorable ruling in this matter.
Respectfully yours,
Tibor Gasparik, Plantiff pro se
352 Plad Blvd, Holtsville, NY 11742
cc: Lori L. Pack