E-mails relevant to the teaching position at the Ralph G. Reed Middle School in the Central Islip School District
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:52:16 -0500 (EST)
From:
lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.eduSubject: About a possible Earth Science placement
To:
lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.eduOriginal-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi,
Sorry that I did not get to talk to you about this in class on Wednesday, but I remembered about it after the class was over.
Earlier this week I received a call from the principal at Reed JHS, Central Islip regarding a position that will be opening up in May. It appears that an Earth Science teacher is leaving (for a very good reason) and they will need coverage until the end of the school year, with the possibility of a position in the coming school year.
The class load is one section of honors ES (8th grade) and three sections of 8th grade general science. The general science is taught as part of a team.
After my conversation with the principal it appears that she is interested in placing a student teacher with the classes right now, and when the teacher leaves in May the student teacher would be hired to continue until the end of the year.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity please let me know by Monday. I will be in the office most of the day so you could call (632 7075), or send me an email to express your interest.
The procedure will be for those who are interested in the position to meet with the teacher and the principal. Once a candidate is selected, and all parties are happy with arrangements, the second assignment for student teaching will be at Reed JHS. I will contact your current second placement teacher to make the change. (Please do not contact this person yourself - the message should come from me.)
I hope that some of you will be interested in exploring this opportunity.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation week.
Linda
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 02/25/2005 03:02 PM
Subject: Re: About a possible Earth Science placement
Hi Linda,
I am certainly interested in this position. Please, let me know what steps to take. Thank you for letting me know.
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:46:42 -0500
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: About a possible Earth Science placement
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Notes Server on notes1.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 02/25/2005 05:46:42 PM, Serialize complete at 02/25/2005 05:46:42 PM, Itemize by Notes Server on notes1.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 02/25/2005 05:46:42 PM, Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 02/25/2005 05:46:46 PM, Serialize complete at 02/25/2005 05:46:46 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi Tibor,
Please send me a copy of your resume by Monday. I will forward it to the principal early next week. Please give me a call on Monday so we can talk about the details. Hope you have a nice weekend.
Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
Linda Padwa
SUNY Stony BrookStony Brook, NY 11794-5233
Email: Lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Phone: (631) 632 7075 FAX: (631) 632 9791
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: About a possible Earth Science placement
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Notes Server on notes1.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 02/27/2005 07:58:47 PM, Serialize complete at 02/27/2005 07:58:47 PM, Itemize by Notes Server on notes1.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 02/27/2005 07:58:47 PM, Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 02/27/2005 07:58:52 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
I will be in the office by 9 AM and should be around most of the day. If you call and I'm not at my desk, please leave a message and I can call you back or you can tell me when you will be free to call again (and I'll be at my desk at that time).
Speak to you tomorrow.
Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
Linda Padwa
SUNY Stony BrookStony Brook, NY 11794-5233
Email: Lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Phone: (631) 632 7075 FAX: (631) 632 9791
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:26:44 -0500
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: About interview at Central Islip
To: linksmaster44@hotmail.com, tomanti@optonline.net
Cc: Ken Forman , gnslu@aol.com
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.2 June 01, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 03/01/2005 12:26:47 PM, Serialize complete at 03/01/2005 12:26:47 PM Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi, I have heard from the teacher at Central Islip regarding the potential student teaching position. The teacher's name is Kenneth Forman, his school is Reed MS in Central Islip. The principal of the building is Ms. Garcia-Collins. You are invited to visit the school and meet with Mr. Forman, his students, and his colleagues on Thursday or Friday of this week, from 7:15 AM to around 2:30/3 PM (i.e., follow the schedule for a day and see how it goes.) Please contact Ken directly (k4man42@yahoo.com) to select the day for your visit. Once this has been arranged, let me know what is planned. Good luck as you go through the process. Remember, whether you get this position or not, the experience will be valuable in itself.
All the best,
Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
Linda Padwa
SUNY Stony BrookStony Brook, NY 11794-5233
Email: Lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Phone: (631) 632 7075 FAX: (631) 632 9791
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: k4man42@yahoo.com
From: Tibor Gasparik k4man42@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Visit To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
200 Half Mile Road is correct. Can you come on Friday?
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: Ken Forman k4man42@yahoo.com
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 03/02/2005 03:51 PM
Subject: Re: Visit
Dear Mr. Forman:
Unless you hear from me again, I will visit you on Friday. See you then.
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:05:56 -0500
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: about CI position
To: tomanti@optonline.net
X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Notes Server on notes1.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 03/08/2005 06:05:56 PM, Serialize complete at 03/08/2005 06:05:56 PM, Itemize by Notes Server on notes1.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 03/08/2005 06:05:56 PM, Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.3FP1December 15, 2004) at 03/08/2005 06:06:00 PM, Serialize complete at 03/08/2005 06:06:00 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi Tibor,
I have spoken with Ms. Collins and things are set for you to go to Central Islip on Monday morning. When do you want me to make the call to Riverhead about the change in your plans?
Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
Linda Padwa
SUNY Stony BrookStony Brook, NY 11794-5233
Email: Lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Phone: (631) 632 7075 FAX: (631) 632 9791
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik k4man42@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Topics for Science Fair
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeysDomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Thanks so much, Tibor. I'm really looking forward to your arrival. I'll do my best to make this a smooth transition for you. Please be patient with me if I appear unorganized. You'll quickly find out what an overwhelming field middle school teaching is. It is often challenging putting the ideals of the University into practice. I think we will both learn from each other. Let me know if you have any concerns. We'll meet a little bit before school (7:00?) so I can catch you up with the classes. Remember, my primary concern is the Honors as far as instruction. The regular kids are very immature so behavior modification is more the priority at this point in time. You'll observe at first and then when you're comfortable you can take over teaching. By the middle of April, I'd like you to be able to teach the full load of classes. I have a lot to do get my materials in order for you. By Monday, March 28th, the honors class will be ready to start Meteorology. It would be great if we could finish that unit off by the close of the 3rd Quarter, April 15th. The Science Projects will be due April 14th. Everything seems rushed because time is winding down. There can be flexibility, if necessary. Let me know what you think.
Ken
Tibor Gasparik wrote:
Hi Ken,
Here are the promised research topics that we used at Riverhead High for the Science Fair. We found this way to be a more efficient use of the computer time if students can pick a couple of research topics from a list and explore them on the Internet rather than searching aimlessly.
See you on Monday,
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: Zuzana Zachar@stonybrook.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 04/16/2005 10:51 AM
Subject: Teacher certificate
Dear Professor Zachar:
We spoke briefly after you gave your presentation about Bacon in the Methods II class last year. I am now finishing the MAT program in Earth Sciences and student teaching. My problem in applying for the teacher certificate is that I need an official transcript from my undergraduate studies, which I did at the Komensky University in Bratislava. Since I have the original transcript (Vykaz o studiu na vysokej skole), I do not believe that the Komensky University would be able to send an official transcript. I can provide a copy of the original transcript and my own English translation. This was enough to get a PhD. However, Dr. Glockner insists that a third party, who has the knowledge of the language, confirms that the copy is the copy of the original transcript and that the English translation matches the original by signing a notarized letter to that effect. Since you are closely involved with the MAT program and can understand Slovak, I would like to ask you to be that third party and be willing to confirm what is necessary by signing a notarized letter. Dr. Glockner suggested using the University Counsel. If you agree to this, I would find out how this could be done as officially as possible. I could bring the original, the copy, and the English translation to you on Thursday at 4:00 PM, since we have a seminar in the Life Sciences Building at that time. But any other day around 4:00 PM would be fine, if it is more convenient to you. Please, let me know your room number and if you are willing to do me this favor. Thank you in advance.
Tibor Gasparik
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:53:25 -0400
From: Zuzana Zachar zzachar@ms.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Teacher certificate
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
I am happy to verify your translation - although I am not sure about the need to use the University counsel - was that a suggestion with regards to a notary? Come to rm 50 in Life Sciences on Thursday before your class - we can work out the details.
Zuzana Zachar
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: Zuzana Zachar
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 05/02/2005 08:22 PM
Subject: Letter of certification
Dear Ms. Kriegstein,
Please, let me know when Dr. Glockner will be able to write my letter of certification; I would, preferably, need it this week. Thank you in advance for your help.
Tibor Gasparik
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 09:34:06 -0400
From: ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.3 September 14, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/03/2005 09:34:27 AM, Serialize complete at 05/03/2005 09:34:27 AM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Dear Mr. Gasparik
Dr Glockner is out of the country, he will not be back until May 10, he will be happy to write the letter at that time. Thank you for your patience.
Elaine Kriegstein
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 05/09/2005 06:59 PM
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
Dear Ms. Kriegstein:
According to our last correspondence, I should be able to have my letter of certification tomorrow. I would like to pick it up tomorrow, May 10, at 4:00 PM, or so. Please let me know if there are going to be any problems with this date and time. My potential future employer is eager to have this letter so that they do not have to pay a substitute teacher. I hope you understand the urgency of my situation caused by the unexpected and untimely absence of Dr. Glockner. Please, let me know if I can get my letter of certification tomorrow at 4:00 PM. Thank you in advance. Sincerely yours,
Tibor Gasparik
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:48:53 -0400
From: ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.3 September 14, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/10/2005 11:49:06 AM, Serialize complete at 05/10/2005 11:49:06 AM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Tibor,
I am sorry but Dr. Glockner is still out of the country, I thought he was due back today, but apparently he is delayed and will not be back until sometime next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Elaine
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.3 September 14, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/10/2005 12:14:00 PM, Serialize complete at 05/10/2005 12:14:00 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
I am sorry, but there is no other person that can write that letter since school districts on Long Island would only accept letters with Dr. Glockner's signature. Sorry for the inconvenience.
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 05/10/2005 03:26 PM
Subject: Letter of certification
Hi Linda,
Today is my last day of student teaching. Today is also the day when Dr. Glockner was expected to return from Poland and write me my letter of certification. However, his secretary Elaine Kriegstein replied to my e-mail that Dr. Glockner will not be able to write me the letter because he has decided to stay in Poland until next week. Is there any way that the School of Professional Development can issue a letter without Dr. Glockner? The Central Islip school where I am now teaching needs desperately this letter so that they can officially hire me. If I do not provide this letter, I may loose my job; they will just hire somebody else. Please, advise.
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:00:27 -0400
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.2 June 01, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/10/2005 05:00:42 PM, Serialize complete at 05/10/2005 05:00:42 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi Tibor,
I have just spoken to Elaine Kreigstein about your situation. Neither she nor I can write the letter that you need, but there is another course of action that can be taken by the administrator at CI. The principal, or someone from Central Administration, can call Elaine Kreigstein (632 7055) and she will give the verbal confirmation of your completion of the program. The written form will be sent out upon Marvin's return from Europe.I trust that this will be enough for them. This is the best we can do under the circumstances.
Linda
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 05/10/2005 05:29 PM
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
Hi Linda,
Thanks, this might just do.
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:31:26 -0400
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.2 June 01, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/10/2005 05:31:42 PM, Serialize complete at 05/10/2005 05:31:42 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Good luck. I trust that it will work out.
Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
Linda PadwaSUNY Stony BrookStony Brook, NY 11794-5233
Email: Lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Phone: (631) 632 7075 FAX: (631) 632 9791
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.3 September 14, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/17/2005 03:31:58 PM, Serialize complete at 05/17/2005 03:31:58 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Dr Glockner is back, I will give him the information and a letter should go out by tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.
Elaine Kriegstein
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:06:43 -0400
From: ekriegstein@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Letter of certification
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.3 September 14, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/17/2005 04:16:07 PM, Serialize complete at 05/17/2005 04:16:07 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Mr. Gasparik,
I suggest that you call Dr. Glockner at your earliest convenience in order to obtain information you need regarding graduation and certification Thank you. You can reach him at 631 632 7058.
Elaine Kriegstein
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:19:09 -0400
From: Zuzana Zachar zzachar@ms.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Teacher certificate
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
Cc: Linda Padwa lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Tibor
I have now had a chance to speak to Dr. Glockner and understand fully the
issues with regards to your transcript. It would be easier to discuss what
needs to be done in person -- could you meet with me and Linda Padwa this
Thursday afternoon? if you cannot make Thursday - please send 2 alternate
times when you could meet with us.
Zuzana Zachar
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: Zuzana Zachar
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 05/24/2005 03:23 PM
Dear Zuzana,
Thank you for the e-mail. I am glad to hear about your communication with Dr. Glockner and would be happy to meet you and Linda on Thursday. Would it be OK if it is at 4:00 PM in your office?
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:35:19 -0400
From: Zuzana Zachar zzachar@ms.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Teacher certificate
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
Cc: Linda Padwa lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
4pm works - lets meet in rm Linda's office.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:03:14 -0400
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Teacher certificate
To: Zuzana Zachar zzachar@ms.cc.sunysb.edu
Cc: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.2 June 01, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 05/24/2005 05:03:14 PM, Serialize complete at 05/24/2005 05:03:14 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
4 PM on Thursday in my office will be fine.
Linda
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: Ken Forman
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 06/16/2005 01:19 PM
Subject: Re: I see you!
X-Attachments: C:\Tibor Gasparik\My Documents\My Pictures\ci.jpg;
Hi Ken,
This is the letter I have received today. What do you think I should do?
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:04:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Forman k4man42@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: I see you!
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
I would immediately talk to Linda at Stony Brook. She said your certification would be expedited. Did you ever get fingerprinted? Let Linda advise you. Let me know what she says.
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik ci.jpg;
Hi Linda,
This is to let you know how the CI job turned out. Please, see the attached letter. By the way, that claim that I do not have the fingerprinting clearance is completely bogus. I told them that I had it and would have supplied the evidence if they asked for it.
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:27:21 -0400
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: The CI job
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.2 June 01, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 06/20/2005 09:27:06 AM, Serialize complete at 06/20/2005 09:27:06 AM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi Tibor,
In terms of the letter from CI, I suggest that you take your fingerprinting certificate and the pending certification letter from Marvin and go to the central office, as indicated on the letter. Sometimes these letters are sent out as a matter of course to anyone who does not have a completed file, but that doesn't mean that the matter can't be resolved. Have you spoken to your department chair and building principal? Do they want you to continue in the position? If they want you, then things probably can be worked out. If they don't back your candidacy for the position then it may not be so clear-cut. Let me know what happens once you have followed up on these suggestions.
What happened with the translation of your transcript? Did you get the papers for certification filed yet?
Linda
____________________________________________________________________________________
To: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
From: Tibor Gasparik
Date: 06/20/2005 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: The CI job
Hi Linda,
Thank you for the advice. I contacted WES and sent them the documents. First they insisted that I have to ask the Komensky University for a transcript. When I explained to them that this was not possible, they have sent the copies of my documents to the Komensky University to verify them. This might take a long time, if they respond at all. If Slovakia had remained a communist country, any response would be out of question. If the evaluation from WES is a condition for Marvin to issue a certification letter, then it will be pending for a long time. Still looks like a bureaucratic nightmare. Marvin has to make a decision; this is something that should have been addressed a long time ago, if Marvin were on top of things. I believe that now that I officially have the MAT degree, I am entitled to be certified, no matter what. I want my certification letter now. Please, talk to Marvin. Thanks,
Tibor
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:31:45 -0400
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: The CI job
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Domino Web Server Release 6.5.4 March 27, 2005
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi Tibor,
I will try to speak to Marvin tomorrow. I'll let you know the outcome of the discussion.
Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
Linda Padwa
SUNY Stony BrookStony Brook, NY 11794
Email: Lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Phone: (631) 632 7075 FAX: (631) 632 9791
____________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:57:38 -0400
From: lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: The CI job
To: Tibor Gasparik tomanti@optonline.net
X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 6.5.2 June 01, 2004 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 6.5.4March 27, 2005) at 06/22/2005 12:57:37 PM, Serialize complete at 06/22/2005 12:57:37 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net
Hi Tibor,
I have had a chance to speak to Marvin today. Once more, he reiterated, he cannot move your paperwork up to Albany until he has a copy of your BA transcript translated and evaluated. How long did WES say it would take them to get things back? When do they expect the information back at their office? They should be able to give you a date for this. The other alternative that Marvin mentioned to you was about going to the embassy and asking them to do the translation and evaluation. Have you considered that option? Once more, you can get a letter from Marvin regarding your completion of the program that will indicate that you are eligible for certification. This is similar to the letter that you received from him when you needed it for CI, but he will write it again if needed. This letter should be good enough to get hired - it is working for the other students in your class. Let me know what you are going to be doing as your next step.
Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
Linda Padwa
SUNY Stony BrookStony Brook, NY 11794-5233
Email: Lpadwa@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Phone: (631) 632 7075 FAX: (631) 632 9791